|Download the School calendar 2023-2024 (Official)|
Haiti - FLASH : Roadmap of the Minister of Justice
Roadmap of the Minister of Justice :
- Put the appropriate means available to the Supreme Council of the Judiciary (CSPJ) to enable it to fulfill its constitutional and legal missions;
- Conduct a coherent and legible penal policy that strengthens public confidence in the public service of justice;
- Equip the Courts, Tribunals and Public Prosecutor's Offices with the administrative materials and tools necessary for an efficient public service of justice;
- Revise the codes, consolidate the rights of minors and strengthen training programs for judicial personnel;
- Carry out the penitentiary reform to transform our prisons into a place of life and re-education for citizenship;
- Accelerate the reform of civil registry by establishing a single mechanism for the identification of citizens;
- Take measures to end prolonged preventive detention;
- Strengthen the Office of Legal Assistance;
- Strengthen working relations with human rights organizations (ODH);
- Work with relevant ministries to establish the family booklet in order to prove parentage and situate the plot of civil events in the citizen's life;
- Take steps to ensure public safety;
- Continue the program of strengthening and professionalization of the National Police of Haiti;
- Place communal police stations (at the rate of 3 policemen) at the level of all the communal sections of the Republic;
- Strengthen the specialized services in the fight against drugs, money laundering, smuggling, trafficking in organs and organized crime;
- Ensure that all relevant state services under your responsibility contribute to maintaining and guaranteeing the public safety, life and property of citizens.
I ask you to start preparing the 2017-2018 Budget, which will have to be approved by the Council of Ministers, after arbitration by the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, and filed within the required legislative time in Parliament.
You will also have the task of increasing transparency, the fight against corruption and the good management of public property. It will be up to you to organize, direct and animate the services, teams and agents of the State placed under your responsibility.
Jack Guy Lafontant, Prime Minister."
See also :