|Download the School calendar 2023-2024 (Official)|
Haiti - FLASH : Roadmap of the Minister of Youth
Roadmap of the Minister of Youth, Sports and Civic Action :
"- Drafting and tabling in Parliament the draft law on the development of sports disciplines;
- Drafting and tabling in Parliament the draft law on youth;
- Set up a commission to finalize the work of developing a national youth and sport policy;
- Develop social and cultural animation programs in neighborhoods by involving the National School of Arts, the culture professionals, writers, musicians, painters etc. ;
- Deploy, in the framework of partnerships with town halls, a network of media libraries (houses of culture where the basic tools will be made available to expose young people to culture and literature (theater, music, dance and expression corporal, etc.) but also to new information technologies;
-Take measures to ensure the proper functioning of the Higher Institute of Sciences and Techniques of Physical Activity and Sports (INSTAPS);
- Ensure, in support of the town halls, that sports facilities are maintained and used optimally;
- Continue the program of sports infrastructure facilities in all communes of the Republic;
- Launching an inventory of the resources available for the development of sport and, together with the town councils and sporting federations, establishing a plan for the valorisation of these infrastructures;
- Establishing sports academies in concert with town halls and sports federations;
- Strengthen the practice of physical and sports education and make sport a tool for social integration and job creation throughout the territory;
- Work with relevant bodies to reduce inequalities in access to sports facilities between neighborhoods;
- Ensure the sports and cultural activities of cities;
- Renovate socio-recreational and sports facilities that are in poor condition;
- Increase socio-educational and social reintegration centers;
- Diversify sports disciplines;
- Support national federations and sports associations.
- Actively support the development of the sports economy and the professionalization of sports disciplines;
- Involve local authorities in the sporting activities of the territory;
- Developing elite sports and mass sports;
- Take initiatives to involve young people in the civic activities provided for by the legislation in force.
- Develop and implement a plan for the sustainable management of sports infrastructures.
I ask you to start preparing the Budget 2017-2018, which will have to be approved by the Council of Ministers, after arbitration by the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, and filed within the legal deadlines in Parliament.
You will also have the task of increasing transparency, the fight against corruption and the good management of public property. It will be up to you to organize, direct and animate the services, teams and agents of the State placed under your responsibility.
Jack Guy Lafontant, Prime Minister."
See also :