|Download the School calendar 2023-2024 (Official)|
Haiti - FLASH : Roadmap of the Minister of National Education
Roadmap of the Minister of National Education :
"- To make an inventory of the main actions of the MENFP implemented from 2012 to 2016;
- Update and implement the Roadmap on the Reform of Education and Vocational Training;
- Assess the impact of the 12 measures taken by the Martelly administration to redress the Haitian school;
- To inventory the school population and the available infrastructures with a view to updating coherent statistical data reflecting the reality of the education system;
- Take steps to ensure better organization of state examinations and properly prepare the back to school for the academic year 2017-2018;
- From September 2017, give effect to the addition of two new disciplines in fundamental and secondary curriculum: financial education, sports education and ecology;
- To equip the lycées of the Republic with a minimum technical platform fed by small solar energy systems designed to promote the implementation of continuing education and technical and vocational training programs;
- Implementing the new secondary curriculum, through the creation of ten high schools in the ten school departments of the country over a period of ten years;
- Develop a real partnership with Akademi Kreyòl Ayisyen (AKA) and the Faculty of Applied Linguistics, with a view to tackling the problem of the language of education in the country. Undertake educational and linguistic development policies with a view to achieving balanced Creole / French bilingualism and promoting multilingualism in the country;
- Implement a more sustained policy of learning English and Spanish at the primary and secondary levels;
- Define a responsible partnership with trade unions in order to enable all players to play their full role;
- Recruit teachers and any MENFP executives by competition;
- Reconsider the insurance, pensions and salaries of teachers in order to have a dynamic faculty;
- Make vote the draft law on the Validation of prior experience of work experience (VAEP), which is being studied by the Education Commission of the Chamber of Deputies.
- Develop and implement early childhood policy, taking into account the improvement of the programs for the protection and education of pre-school centers;
- Reduce significantly the disparities in school provision between departments, cities and rural areas;
- Provide each communal section of an establishment of basic education;
- Driving Strengthen pre-school centers for early childhood reception;
- Make the necessary arrangements to improve the quality of education and training offered to our students;
- Restructure the school canteen program and the textbook program;
- Strengthen the continuing education program for teachers;
- Strengthen the network of basic science laboratories to support the learning of schoolchildren in the fields of mathematics, applied sciences, computer science, modern languages and entrepreneurship by taking advantage of remote training opportunities through information and communication technologies;
- Make arrangements to create a Trade Learning Center (CAM) in each department, while recognizing the special status of the apprenticeship master,create an information point on the trades in each secondary school of the Republic and improve the orientation of young people to their pathways;
- Encourage the development of the dual training offer, promote the validation of vocational experience (VAEP) and support lifelong learning;
- Organize, in cooperation with the Conference of Rectors and Presidents of Haiti University (CORPUHA), the "States General of Higher Education";
- Work with the education commissions of the Senate of the Republic and the Chamber of Deputies to vote the five (5) education bills that are under consideration in Parliament.
I ask you to start preparing the 2017-2018 Budget, which will have to be approved by the Council of Ministers, after arbitration by the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, and filed within the required legislative time in Parliament.
You will also have the task of increasing transparency, the fight against corruption and the good management of public property. It will be up to you to organize, direct and animate the services, teams and agents of the State placed under your responsibility.
Jack Guy Lafontant, Prime Minister."
See also :